Sunday, December 21, 2014

Top 5 Leg Workouts

1. Squats
Squats are one of the best leg workouts you can do. Doing squats workouts your whole body. Also, it is an easy way to gain muscle and lose a lot of calories. It strengthens your core which is essential in having good posture and performing many other exercises.

2. Lunges
Lunges are great for hamstring development as well as the overall leg muscle. I usually incorporate these at the end of my workout to finish off my legs.

3. Dead lifts 
Dead lifts are great for your overall body, but they also work out your legs. The major muscle used in dead lifts is the back, but if you do dead lifts your legs will be sore mostly on your inner thigh. Overall it is a great workout for your whole body.

4. Sprinting


Many people dread running, however, sprinting is a very good workout for your legs. Back in high school I used to run track for the 400m and I never felt so sore in my glutes before in my life. Also, it builds up your stamina which lets your workout longer without getting tired.

5. Calf Raises
Don't skip calf day! Calves are an endurance muscle that many people do not train enough. I see people at the gym that can squat over 225LBS, yet they have tiny calves. Calves are the first muscle that people are going to see on your leg, so if you want to impress someone with your leg muscles then you need to start doing calf raises.

No comments:

Post a Comment